Icarus Nevada Offers Inpatient Alternatives for Carson City Drug Rehab
Carson City is one of the most affluent locations in the state of Nevada and provides an ideal location for those seeking tranquility, natural beauty, and plenty of recreation. Ranked as one of the best places to live in the state, Carson City, NV, is a pleasant, quiet town within a stone’s throw of some of the most exciting locales in the American Southwest.
With Lake Tahoe a regular getaway, along with attractions like Hot August Nights in Reno – there’s no shortage of excitement for residents of Carson City, NV. Everything you need is within arm’s reach, making the area conducive to maintaining a positive state of mind – the perfect area to enjoy extended recovery after getting treatment at our alternative to Carson City drug rehab offerings.
Despite all the accommodations located in and around Carson City, NV, one of the most important services for certain residents is located 7 hours away in Las Vegas. Icarus Behavioral Health welcomes residents of Carson City, NV, year-round, helping to educate and recover those impacted by the chains of substance abuse.
Keep reading to find out more about Carson City and what to pursue following treatment at Icarus in Nevada now!
Traveling from Carson City, NV for Inpatient Addiction Treatment Services
The well-to-do population and quiet facade of Carson City, NV is a gift for every resident. However, in times of peril, this can also be considered a pitfall. It’s not a town that’s historically familiar with substance abuse challenges – and because of this, it’s not a place where high-quality inpatient substance abuse treatment is readily available – especially facilities that offer some of the more up-to-date therapeutic modalities.
However, a short 7-hour drive from Carson City, NV, – or about a 90-minute flight, places you in close proximity to one of the most sought-after substance abuse treatment programs in the state.
A Half Days Travel for a World of Difference
Icarus Behavioral Health Nevada, located in Las Vegas, has helped thousands of clients overcome the hurdles of substance abuse – many of whom have traveled from out-of-town to reap the benefits of a top-tier treatment experience.
When you’re struggling with substance abuse, a 7-hour drive from Carson City, NV, seems trivial. It’s difficult to put a price, or a mileage cap on how far you’re willing to travel to kickstart your recovery. At our drug and alcohol rehab facility, we have dozens of options to help you lay the foundation for a successful recovery.
In the following section, we outline the available options – and the best course of action for new clients to follow after checking in from Carson City, NV for drug rehab.
Your First Interaction With Drug & Alcohol Rehab at Our Treatment Centers
Although every client experience at our treatment centers is unique – there’s somewhat of a uniform set of procedures for all those beginning their drug rehab journey. It makes the most sense to reserve a period of 30, 60, or 90 days to fully experience our addiction treatment programs.
Consider the following procedure for those attending from Carson City, and weigh your options regarding your situation compared to the offerings available at our drug rehab. We’re certain you’ll find the services at our Nevada drug rehab centers to be more than accommodating, allowing you to get a headstart on your path to recovery.
The Wisdom of Seeking Medical Detox Before Inpatient Treatment
While it’s true that we offer intensive outpatient programs and effective partial hospitalization programs as part of our addiction treatment services – doesn’t it make more sense for those traveling from the Reno area to opt for inpatient addiction treatment?
Before participating in our inpatient treatment services, you must be mentally and physically able to fully participate in your sessions. A client experiencing withdrawal symptoms is hardly in the state of mind it takes to digest the information available during addiction treatment.
Supervision and Care to Begin the Path to Recovery
Our medical detox program allows you to comfortably detoxify from your drug of choice, helping you to eliminate the most painful symptoms of withdrawal. We ensure you’re well-rested and hydrated, and maintain a positive attitude toward recovery. Our medical staff provides you with around-the-clock care to keep your vitals in check and deploys proper nutritional care to keep you in good spirits.
After overcoming the physical challenges of withdrawal, you’re ready for the next step at our treatment center. During inpatient therapy for substance use disorder, you’ll have the opportunity to participate in evidence-based forms of treatment, such as dialectical behavior therapy, holistic forms of healing, and other dual-diagnosis therapy.
Our Inpatient Treatment Center for Alcohol and Drug Abuse
At Icarus Behavioral Health, we take pride in our unique approach to recovery. No other treatment center provides a combination of compassion and expertise on drug addiction. Upon entering our rehab centers after detox, this is just a sample of what you’ll experience during your time in drug addiction treatment:
- Alcoholics Anonymous and SMART Recovery Options. This gives many of our clients an introduction to these programs, allowing them to carry this regimen over upon returning to Carson City, NV.
- Access to top-tier nutritional programs to keep you in top physical shape, leading to a higher level of mental well-being.
- Holistic treatment options provide immense benefits for the mind, body, and soul. These include yoga, art therapy, journaling, and other inspiring forms of therapy that have proven to be highly effective.
- Preparation for continued substance addiction treatment after inpatient services. Upon returning to Carson City, NV, it’s important to have a contingency plan that includes a primary care mental health specialist, continued AA and SMART Recovery meetings, in-depth involvement from your family and support system, and other elements of healing.
- Introduction to the workforce. We can help you locate recovery-friendly locations that hire individuals in recovery. There are plenty of options that coexist well with clients participating in treatment, or who have recently graduated.
One of the most important post-treatment dynamics is having the right structured environment to return to in Carson City, NV. You’ll find that there are plenty of sober activities to participate in, increasing your chances of avoiding a relapse situation. Consider participating in some of the following events after completing treatment at Icarus Behavioral Health.
Recovery and Volunteering In Carson City, NV
The following locations are excellent places to volunteer in Carson City, NV. Volunteer work is an ideal way to spend your time when you’re following through with your recovery efforts.
Not only is it fulfilling to yourself, but it’s also a great way to give back to the community and demonstrate the success of your treatment.
- Aging Disability Services Division. The Aging Disability Services Division (ADSD) advocates for elderly residents of Carson City, in addition to children and young people with special needs. Volunteering here entails assisting these individuals with transportation to and from important appointments, or simply spending time with them on a one-on-one level to keep them in good spirits.
- Nevada Rural Counties RSVP Program. This is a program similar to the ADSD. However, the RSVP program deals solely with residents over the age of 60. Volunteers spend time with these individuals in their homes, assisting with meals, and chores, and keeping them company during the day.
- Rebuilding Together Northern Nevada Inc. Volunteering for this organization is considered enriching and fulfilling, as work entails making repairs and rebuilding residential facilities for those who are less fortunate. This can include elderly citizens on a fixed income, those encountering a crisis, and more.
- Saint Francis of Assisi Food Pantry. At Saint Francis of Assisi, volunteers work hand-in-hand with other individuals, helping to sort and distribute food and non-perishables for those in the community in need of food.
These are just a few examples of the incredible places you can use to enhance your recovery efforts after participating in inpatient treatment at Icarus Behavioral Health Nevada. Giving back to the community is one of the ideal ways to remain proactive and establish yourself as a pillar of strength and character in your community!
Begin a Carson City Recovery Journey at Icarus in Nevada Today
At Icarus Behavioral Health Nevada, we help thousands of clients per year establish themselves as model citizens of Carson City and other neighboring areas. Every recovery journey is unique, however, these individuals all have one thing in common – their adventure began at Icarus Behavioral Health.
We provide you with the tools and education you need to further your recovery efforts and help you not only get sober – but stay sober. The bonds you form here last a lifetime, as we like to consider ourselves part of an extended family, advocating for those in recovery. For more information about how we can help you begin your journey toward healing, contact a member of our admissions team today.